Little Company of Mary Torrance
located at 4101 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90503
Fees - Prior to your delivery you will need to pre-register.
Here are some helpful hints that will save you time and energy:
• Pre-Register between your 6th and 7th month of pregnancy
• Bring your current picture ID
• Bring your health insurance card
• Register at one of the hospital Admitting Departments:
First Floor, Main Lobby
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Diagnostic Center, Ground Floor
Saturdays and Sundays
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Birthing Suites- Each suite is equipped with a birthing bed designed to provide optimum comfort for the mother during labor, which can be quickly converted for delivery.Each suite also includes a comfortable place for the father or significant other to stay, as well as room for other family members who wish to participate in the birthing experience. There is room in each suite for a bassinet, so mothers can remain with their babies throughout their stay at the hospital. Many other special touches include:
- Private bathrooms with showers in each suite, with availability of bathtubs for labor relaxation
- Refrigerators, video and internet access
- A squatting bar used during labor to assist while pushing
- There is a tub available down the hall (you can labor in it, but not deliver)
The hospital offers a variety of classes, please visit their website or call for details. Some of the classes include:
Baby Care Basics
Two-Class series designed to acquaint the parent-to-be with skills necessary with new baby care.
One-session class for the pregnant and postpartum woman with information and techniques for breastfeeding.
Infant and Child CPR for Family and Friends
This 3 hour course teaches lay rescuers in the skills of CPR and relief of foreign body airway obstruction for infant victims and child victims.
Relaxing and informative tour of labor, delivery, recovery rooms, and newborn nursery and postpartum areas.
Discuss the choices available to you, pain relief options, risks and side effects associated with anesthesia and methods used for anesthesia administration.
Reservations are mandatory